Wednesday 14 September 2011

Have you ever, ever felt like this, When strange things happen, Are you going round the twist? "The 10 in 10 Diaries"


I lean against the wind
Pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment I am happy...happy…
I wish you were here......



Today we had sunshine :) and the weather was really nice. It is such a big relief when ‘tis sunny; it makes the day that bit smilier.


I know you’re probably all sick and tired of hearing about the digestion-gate scandal now (I am!), but when I awoke this morning my stomach did feel a bit better. However, out on the run I still had that really weird trapped air feeling up near my diaphragm again, but what can ye’ do? I think were just battering our bodies I guess, so I think it’s just something ill have to put up with…but I hope it does feel better tomorrow, as always. It’s like I need to do a massive burp all the time….lovely….and that burp never ever ever makes a proper appearance.



Notable landmarks on route


It’s always funny when you’re running around to get to certain spots on the course and you get used to looking out for certain things in particular. We’ve had road kill, weird trees and bit of rubbish out on course that marks different mileage milestones for us all. As Andy has previously mentioned, there is the rather disgusting but slightly amusing nappy between miles 15 and 16. Today there was a new addition to the road kill tally; a rather fresh looking stone-cold blackbird. The Kleenex box in the latter stages of the course is no longer with us, but the empty packet of Haribo strawberry jelly sweets still exists near this point. The house with the awesome gates that are actually better than the entire house is a favourite part of the course


Going a bit insane
?

I think a lot of people are going insane, but in the funniest of ways :) I think I went a bit mental earlier in the week…So, there’s this fisherman whom a bunch of us see around a lot on course at about mile 4 and he’s always pulling this massive fishing box/ fishing line and tackle and I remember thinking to myself the other day ‘Ahh, a fisherman…I wonder where’s he’s going to go fishing around here?’ Errrrm that may have been one of the stupidest crazy thoughts I have thought so far, especially when we are running around a HUGE lake in one of the wettest most watery parts of Britain!!


Mega excited to see all the porta-loos arriving on site and all the marathon preparation beginning to take shape eeeek…exciting. Don’t worry; I’m not that excited by porta-loos, just what their appearance means…..that the weekend isn’t far away…


Today, I took the pace the same as yesterday. I could have gone faster, but I chose to be leisurely hehe…ohhh, and I’m a bit sleepy. But I had a nice can of coke at ice-cream mountain and ran down the hill for a bit and astonishingly, I didn’t even spill it!


Overall, today’s ice bath was freeeeeeeeeezing, feet were a bit sore, dinner was lovely (we had some chips too) and Body Rehab is probably going to be brutal…and I'm as disorganised as ever!


So, there are some snippets for all you blog-addicts out there

No comments:

Post a Comment