Wednesday 14 September 2011

Running up that hill.... "The 10 in 10 Diaries"

It doesn't hurt me.
You wanna feel how it feels?
You wanna know, know that it doesn't hurt me?
You wanna hear about the deal I'm making?
You (be running up that hill)
You and me (be running up that hill)



Note: no extra mileage was done today. Smile :)


Sooo, today has been a lot less rainy than yesterday…actually there has literally been no rain, although it looks as though it might at some point! Apparently it rained quite heavily last night, but I was out like a log (that doesn’t make any sense, but you get the drift). I’ve now got a Corona sat by my side and imp being really lazy in writing this blog. I’m just being lazy full-stop so there. It was a nice day today, although I felt a bit stiff; just the usual really! So I thought, ahh I’ll just go with the flow. I ran bits well, I walked bits well…save the legs and all that, with 8 days left to go.



Something I found strange but rings true for me later on though was the fact that a really good song came on after leaving ice-cream mountain at 22miles (I had a Ribena lolly-ice…I wanted a 99, but apparently they are MUCH more expensive than 99p these days :p) and immediately, my pace quickened and I was able to run a bit faster. I think the mental aspect is a HUUUGGGEEE thing for me, so I'm really looking forward to progressing a bit more through these 10 days…I think it’ll help a lot with morale and be a bit of a boost as we count down a bit more.


Although, don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely treasuring the experience and the beautiful surrounding, nice food and all the witty banter that surrounds me, but it feels good to get another day out of the way. It was a nice smiley day today. It was lovely to see and run alongside Flip Owen and Dave Robson for a few miles and have a bit of beer courtesy of flip :) I really appreciate all the support and the photo’s they took are really good.



My massage this morning was great and The Body Rehab guys are just brilliant. My back was really stiff and achy yesterday and they have worked their magic, both last night and this morning. As a result, it hardly ached at all today.



OoOooo and today, unlike yesterday, there were no injured sheep/ sheep that had gotten themselves caught on wire fencing in a field and thus had to be rescued by the farmer See, I told you these blogs would be in no chronological, sane order whatsoever ;-) Right, off to ice bath again mwahahahaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment