Thursday 21 August 2014

Almost ready.

Almost ready to run 130 miles (or thereabouts). Unfortunately (well, hopefully not unfortunately), I work as a residential teacher in a language school and there are lots of germs going around at the moment. In the last few days it seems that there has been some sort of stomach bug going around. It seems similar to a Norovirus type thingy – diarrhea and vomiting. I really do not want to get sick. I really, really, really do not want to get sick. I have been really looking forward to LLC 130 too much and I am avoiding this ‘plague’ like the plague. I don’t think I could possibly anti-bacterial-ise my hands any more than I have. I’m also eating lots of fruit, taking lots of chlorella and drinking lots of beetroot juice. I feel like I’m getting lots of antioxidants and vitamins this way. And I’m staying optimistic. Also, I’m drinking a lot of water.





I’ve now bought most of my supplies for the race, which includes Pringles...3 tubes of Pringles (once you pop, you can’t stop...), a first aid kit, ibuprofen, paracetamol, wet wipes, baby wipes, toothpaste, Peppa Pig toothbrushes for on-the-run dental hygiene, SIS energy gels, energy bars.... phewwww. I also found my Grand Union Canal Race 145 race no. still attached to my race belt from last time :)








No comments:

Post a Comment