Tuesday 7 October 2014

Cosy Autumnal Contemplation

I'm back off holiday and readjusting to England. I wasn't away a long time, but we packed a lot in. There were no sun loungers and no sunbathing in this holiday scenario, but I really loved Singapore. It is such a laid back country and the food is brilliant. I'm definitely missing avocado juice and smoothies from my life. We did so much in Singapore. We even ran a marathon and saw monkeys! You can't say that for races at home. I think the world needs more marathon monkeys. I will do a race report on this, as it was all very sweet and the runners were lovely. It was crazy sweaty though. However, I got to thinking that if I could run in sauna conditions all of the time then I'd be ultra buff (can you use the word buff if you're a lady? I don't want pecs...)

We also flew over to Hong Kong and had a little nosy around, but we only truly got to see a glimpse of what it was like. I don't want to judge it too harshly, because I believe I would really like it if I knew where I was going more, but it's a bit overwhelming when you're on a tight schedule. I will have to revisit at some point. We missed the riots though. Phew. And our hotel was very special and luxurious.



So now it seems like a hectic time, but it should hopefully turn out to be an exciting time. I'm open to new job opportunities and actively looking and there is Amsterdam marathon, Beachy Head and my birthday on the horizon. And it's becoming very autumnal which makes me want to cuddle up in front of a log fire with a very big blanket.

And because I'm not back to work until next week, I am currently snuggled up with a cuppa coffee and Scott Jurek's book, 'Eat and Run'.


No comments:

Post a Comment