Thursday 13 November 2014

Here's to new beginnings

To quote Semisonic... ;-) 'Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end'



I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. Crazy. I have been working down in Eastbourne, in a big old ex-stately home, which is now a language school and tomorrow is my last day teaching. I feel happy to embrace new adventures up North, but there is also a little bit of sadness there. I will miss the building itself. It is so beautiful and extraordinary working here. You definitely don’t come across places like this very often, if ever. So, I feel really privileged to have had the chance to work here. And then there’s Eastbourne. I had never had the chance to visit Eastbourne before I worked here. It was just too far away from the North West. I’m glad I got the chance to stay here and experience the wonderful surrounding hills and scenery. The South Downs Way has been an amazing running route to have on my doorstep, and Beachy Head. I will make sure to go out for one last meander or maybe two, before I leave on Monday morning. Then it’s northwards I go and off to discover new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment