Thursday 16 July 2015

Old new route

Since I have the morning free, which never happens, I decided to drag myself out for a sunny run. However, I've been getting bored of 'the usual route'. I run it ALL the time. I run home from work on that route too.It's not particularly scenic and I found myself getting into a running rut.

I tend to be too safety conscious sometimes and I stick to routes with lots of pavements and safe options. Today I decided to take a more scenic route which was more countryside-ish. This route took in a small country lane in addition to the safer roads. I felt better for it. And I figured that if cars couldn't see me then they really shouldn't be driving at all!

The only odd thing I saw on my run was another runner wearing a coat! It is so sunny out and I am absolutely sweating. I don't understand. It's the same when men (mainly) wear full length running tights in the middle of a heatwave, I don't get it,

No comments:

Post a Comment